Mittwoch, 15. September 2010

codesign failed with exit code 1

While building the distribution version of my iphone app i had to struggle with the codesign-tool:
"codesign failed with exit code 1"


Finally i fixed the problem:


The problem was that there where different names entered in the following configuration fields:


- Project -> Edit Active Target -> Properties Tab -> Field "Executable"

- Project -> Edit Active Target -> Build Tab -> Field  "Product Name"
- in info.plist (or *.plist) the field  "executable file"


So make sure that these fields contain the same value.


The root of the problem that I  renamed the executable file in the .plist file cause the initial name of the xcode project was not the name of the final product.


Kommentare:

  1. Thank you so much!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Thanks a lot man, I didn't know this one. You saved me a lot of time! God bless you!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Ehhh thanks a lot!! You saved few hours of my life :)
    Greetings from Poland

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Thanks a tonnnnn! You saved my brain to be damaged completely!

    AntwortenLöschen